- What: Ringing the Bells for the Salvation Army’s Red Kettle Campaign
- When: Mon, 12/7, 4-6 PM; Tue, 12/8, 6-8 PM; Wed, 12/9, 6-8 PM; Thur, 12/10, 4-6 PM; Tue, 12/15, 4-6 PM; Wed, 12/16, 6-8 PM; Mon, 12/21, 6-8 PM
- Where: In front of JCPenny, inside Eastland Mall
- Sign-up: http://doodle.com/poll/aszvzt2u2cx8aus2
- More info: The Red Kettle Christmas Campaign enables The Salvation Army to provide food and clothing to over 6 million people during the Christmas season and helps more than 34 million Americans recovering from all kinds of personal disasters nationwide.
Bloomington-Normal Young Professionals Kiwanis Club serving the children of the world
- What: Volunteer with Moses Montefiore Jewish Food Fair
- When: Tuesday, 10/27 from 6-8 PM and 8-10 PM; Wednesday, 10/28 from 6-10 AM
- Where: Moses Montefiore Temple, 102 Robinhood Lane, Bloomington, IL, 61704
- Sign-up: http://doodle.com/poll/ewf7aeztht2ythra by 10/24.
- More info: The 53rd Annual Jewish Food Fair needs volunteers to help make sandwiches and pack lunches. There is no dress code.
- What: Volunteering for the Ecology Action Center’s Household Hazardous Waste Collection at Mitsubishi Motors. Your help is needed to assist with traffic control, brief surveys of event participants, setup and take down, and other needs.
- When: Sat, 10/5, 8 AM – 3 PM. Most help is needed during 11:30 AM -1:30 PM and 1:30-3:30 PM shifts.
- Where: Mitsubishi Motors, 100 N. Mitsubishi Motorway, Normal, IL 61761
- Sign-up: http://www.ecologyactioncenter.org/hhw/hhw-volunteer-signup
- More info: Must be 18 years old and have the ability to be on your feet for a few hours at time, good customer service skills.
- Much more info: Household Hazardous Wastes are materials and chemicals that are toxic, flammable, corrosive, reactive, or explosive. They typically cannot be safely recycled or disposed of without a special center or collection event. These wastes can be a serious threat to water supplies and our local environment if they are improperly discarded with nonhazardous trash (put into a municipal solid waste landfill), dumped down the drain, or illegally dumped elsewhere.
Join us for an upcoming volunteer opportunity at Midwest Food Bank on Tuesday, October 13 from 6-8 p.m. as we sort and pack food.
Come join the local Aktion Club for a meeting and park clean up, along with a fun fall themed wiener roast on Sunday, October 11 from 3-5 PM. We’ll start the clean-up at the Tipton pavilion (near the playground).
Can’t get enough of volunteering at the Midwest Food Bank? Join our local Aktion Club on Tuesday, September 15th from 6-8 PM to sort and pack food.
Help out with the Constitution Trail count this month. This effort helps inform the Town of Normal staff on how to implement the Town’s Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan. City of Bloomington staff also use the data for planning purposes.
The counts will take place on Saturday, September 12 and 19 and Tuesday through Thursday, September 15-17. Each weekday count lasts from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m., and each Saturday lasts from noon – 2 p.m. Counters will be provided with everything that they need, including counting forms, pens, safety vests, etc.