Join us for an upcoming volunteer opportunity at Midwest Food Bank on Monday, March 21 from 6-8 p.m. as we sort and pack food.
Bloomington-Normal Young Professionals Kiwanis Club serving the children of the world
Get ready to Bowl for Kids Sake!
The 2016 Big Brothers Big Sisters of McLean County’s Bowl for Kids sake will be taking place Saturday, March 5th and the 19th from 5-7pm at Pheasant Lanes Family Fun Center, 804 N Hershey Rd, Bloomington, IL 61704.
For more than 100 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters has operated under the belief that inherent in every child is the ability to succeed and thrive in life. As the nation’s largest donor and volunteer supported mentoring network, Big Brothers Big Sisters makes meaningful, monitored matches between adult volunteers (“Bigs”) and children (“Littles”), ages 6 through 18, in communities across the country. They develop positive relationships that have a direct and lasting effect on the lives of young people.
Bowl For Kids’ Sake is Big Brothers Big Sisters’ signature fundraiser.
We haven’t yet finalized on the 3/5 or 3/19 date yet. Stay tuned!… read more
- What: Join the Salvation Army celebrate the results of the 2015 “Make a Difference” campaign and celebrate those who made 2015 a huge success.
- When: Thur, 1/28, 5-7 PM
- Where: The Double Tree By Hilton, 10 Brickyard Drive, Bloomington, IL
- More info: Please RSVP to Angie Fulton at 309-829-9476 x204 or email@example.com by 12 PM, Friday, January 22nd.
- What: The Polar Plunge, is a unique opportunity to support Special Olympics athletes by taking a flying leap – a leap into the frigid waters of Miller Park Lake.
- When: Sat, 2/27, 10:30-2 PM
- Where: Miller Park Lake, Bloomington, IL
- More info: You can view photos from our previous plunges here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bnyp/albums. The BNYP Polar Plunge fundraising page can be found here: http://soill.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=6642. The Polar Plunge main event page can be found here: http://soill.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.event&eventID=538.
- What: Pins for Penguins – a bowling fundraiser for the Penguin Project, sponsored by the Kiwanis Club of Normal
- When: Sun, 2/21, 2-5 PM
- Where: Pheasant Lanes, 804 N Hershey Rd, Bloomington, IL 61704
- More info: The Penguin Project is a program for children with disabilities to participate in community theatre. For more information, please visit the Penguin Project of McLean County’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/The-Penguin-Project-of-McLean-County-111201118898235.
You’re invited to the 5th Annual BNYP Holiday Party! Mark your calendars for 5:30pm on Thursday, December 17th. The party will be held at CJ’s, 2901 E. Empire St, Bloomington, IL, 61704.
Bing a light hearted white elephant gift for our gift exchange ($10 max) if you’d like to participate.
And, as always, feel free to bring a friend!… read more
- What: Come help make holiday cards for our area hospitals while we enjoy cookies and hot cocoa!
- When: Mon, 12/7, 6-7 PM
- Where: Life Center for Independent Living, 2201 Eastland Dr # 1, Bloomington, IL 61704
- More info: We help sponsor the Aktion Club of Bloomington-Normal, which allows adults living with disabilities to participate in community service projects, gain leadership skills and become more involved in society.For more information, please visit the Aktion Club of Bloomington-Normal website: http://www.bloomingtonkiwanis.org/Page/16537.
On the first day of giving, Gingerbread House gave to me … a way to give, easy as can be!
The Gingerbread House is in the giving spirit and Bloomington-Normal Young Professionals Kiwanis will benefit! On Thursday, Nov. 12, the toy store will donate 10% of sales for the day to our organization.
How can you help? Simply stop by the Gingerbread House (603 South Hannah Street, Bloomington) on Nov. 12 and pick up a few selections from your holiday shopping list. 10% of the total sales that day comes to us!
That’s it. Simple and elegant, no coupons, no letting them know the purchase is for our group. Check off a to-do, get some great quality toys, and help support our organization!
For more information about the Gingerbread House Toy Store and the 12 Days of Giving program, check out their website at www.gingerbreadhousetoys.