The Bloomington-Normal Young Professional Kiwanis Club will be hosting the 8th annual Autism McLean Garage Sale Fundraiser on Saturday, October 14, 2017.
All proceeds from the garage sale will be given to Autism McLean for Autism Camp.
Autism Camp is dedicated to providing a valuable experience for children on the autism spectrum in a natural outdoor setting on Lake Bloomington. Children have the opportunity to engage in typical camp activities, including, canoeing, swimming, horseback riding, games, and much more in a safe and supportive atmosphere.
The cost for camp is $225-$250 per child. The money raised by our fundraiser will help pay the way for kids who could otherwise not afford to attend camp. You can read more about Autism Camp here.
Here are the details:
- The garage sale will be on Saturday, October 14th, 2017 from 7:00 AM to 1:00 PM @ YouthBuild McLean County, 360 Wylie Drive #305, Normal, IL (within the Crossroads Center and just north of Wehrenberg Theatres).
- The garage sale itself will be a “name your own price” garage sale – no listed prices. The goal is to sell each and every item.
- Donate garage-sale worthy items for the garage sale. If you’re interested in donating in advance of the garage sale please contact Craig Luchtefeld, at email@example.com. The more items donated, the more money we can raise, and the more kids we can send to camp!
- We will have early drop-off on the following dates/times at the garage sale location:
- Monday, October 9th from 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- Wednesday, October 11th from 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- Friday, October 13th from 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- We’ll have volunteers to help unload and sort your items.
- If you have items you’d like to donate but cannot make one of the early drop-off dates, please contact Craig Luchtefeld at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to work out a time to retrieve your items.
- If you’d like to volunteer to help unload or sort items at any one of the early drop-off times, we’d very much appreciate the help! You can register to volunteer here: http://bit.ly/BNYPGSF.
- If you’d like to make a monetary donation in lieu of donating garage sale items, we’d welcome the donation!
So, please, help us get the word out for this fundraising event and do some garage sale-ing!