Volunteer at the Household Hazardous Waste Collection
- What: Volunteering for the Ecology Action Center’s Household Hazardous Waste Collection at Mitsubishi Motors. Your help is needed to assist with traffic control, brief surveys of event participants, setup and take down, and other needs.
- When: Sat, 10/5, 8 AM – 3 PM. Most help is needed during 11:30 AM -1:30 PM and 1:30-3:30 PM shifts.
- Where: Mitsubishi Motors, 100 N. Mitsubishi Motorway, Normal, IL 61761
- Sign-up: http://www.ecologyactioncenter.org/hhw/hhw-volunteer-signup
- More info: Must be 18 years old and have the ability to be on your feet for a few hours at time, good customer service skills.
- Much more info: Household Hazardous Wastes are materials and chemicals that are toxic, flammable, corrosive, reactive, or explosive. They typically cannot be safely recycled or disposed of without a special center or collection event. These wastes can be a serious threat to water supplies and our local environment if they are improperly discarded with nonhazardous trash (put into a municipal solid waste landfill), dumped down the drain, or illegally dumped elsewhere.