4th Annual BNYP Garage Sale Fundraiser for Autism Camp
The Bloomington-Normal Young Professional Kiwanis Club (yes, that’s us!), will be hosting our 4th annual Autism Society of McLean County (ASMC) Garage Sale Fundraiser on Saturday, April 6th, 2013 (Kiwanis One Day – learn more about Kiwanis One Day here).
Autism Camp is dedicated to providing a valuable experience for children on the autism spectrum in a natural outdoor setting on Lake Bloomington. Children have the opportunity to engage in typical camp activities, including, canoeing, swimming, horseback riding, games, and much more in a safe and supportive atmosphere.
The cost for camp is $200-$225 per child. The money raised by our fundraiser will help pay the way for kids who could otherwise not afford to attend camp. You can read more about Autism Camp here.
Here are the details:
- The garage sale will be on Saturday, April 6th, 2013 from 7:00a to 2:30p @ 1717 RT Dunn Drive in Bloomington (near DQ, The Great Escape, Razor’s Edge, etc.)
- The garage sale itself will be a “name your own price” garage sale – no listed prices. The goal is to sell each and every item.
- All unsold donated items will be given to the Mission Mart, Home Sweet Home, ReStore, etc.
Here’s how you can help:
- Donate garage-sale worthy items for the garage sale. If you’re interested in donating in advance of the garage sale please contact Craig Luchtefeld, at email@example.com or 309-319-6006. The more items donated, the more money we can raise, and the more kids we can send to camp!
- We will have early drop-off for donated garage sale items on Saturday, March 30th from 8:00a – 10:30a, Wednesday, April 3rd from 5:00p – 7:00p, and Friday, April 5th from 5:00p – 7:00p at the garage sale location. We’ll have volunteers to help unload and sort your items.
- If you’d like to volunteer to help unload or sort items at any one of the early drop-off times, we’d very much appreciate the help!
- If you’d like to make a monetary donation in lieu of donating garage sale items, we’d welcome the donation!
So, please, help us get the word out for this fundraising event and do some garage sale-ing!