3rd Annual BNYP Garage Sale Fundraiser for Autism Camp
The Bloomington-Normal Young Professional Kiwanis Club (yes, that’s us!), will be hosting our 3rd annual Autism Society Garage Sale Fundraiser on Saturday, April 21st, 2012 (Kiwanis One Day – learn more about Kiwanis One Day here.
All proceeds from the garage sale will be given to ASMC for Autism Camp.
Autism Camp is dedicated to providing a valuable experience for children on the autism spectrum in a natural outdoor setting on Lake Bloomington. Children have the opportunity to engage in typical camp activities, including, canoeing, swimming, horseback riding, games, and much more in a safe and supportive atmosphere.
The cost for camp last year was $$225 per child. The money raised by our fundraiser will either lower the cost of camp for all kids or pay the way for some kids who could otherwise not afford to attend camp. You can read more about Autism Camp here. Pictures from last year’s camp can be found here.
Here are the details:
- The garage sale will be on Saturday, April 21st from 7:00 AM to 2:30 PM.
- The garage sale will be located in a large vacant storefront between Home Choice and Outback Steakhouse in the Lakewood Plaza on Veterans Parkway.
- The garage sale itself will be a ‘name your price’ garage sale – no listed prices. The goal is to sell each and every item.
- All unsold donated items will be given to the Mission Mart, Home Sweet Home, etc., or thrown away.
Here’s how you can help:
- Donate garage-sale worthy items for the garage sale. If you’re interested in donating in advance of the garage sale please contact Craig Luchtefeld, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 309-319-6006. The more items donated, the more money we can raise for the event.
- Donated items can also be dropped off at the garage sale location on Wednesday, April 18th and Friday, April 20th, from 5:00p – 8:00p. We’ll have lots of volunteers to help unload and sort your items.
So, please, help us get the word out for this fundraising event and do some garage sale-ing!