- What: Come help make holiday cards for our area hospitals while we enjoy cookies and hot cocoa!
- When: Mon, 12/7, 6-7 PM
- Where: Life Center for Independent Living, 2201 Eastland Dr # 1, Bloomington, IL 61704
- More info: We help sponsor the Aktion Club of Bloomington-Normal, which allows adults living with disabilities to participate in community service projects, gain leadership skills and become more involved in society.For more information, please visit the Aktion Club of Bloomington-Normal website: http://www.bloomingtonkiwanis.org/Page/16537.
Bloomington-Normal Young Professionals Kiwanis Club serving the children of the world
On the first day of giving, Gingerbread House gave to me … a way to give, easy as can be!
The Gingerbread House is in the giving spirit and Bloomington-Normal Young Professionals Kiwanis will benefit! On Thursday, Nov. 12, the toy store will donate 10% of sales for the day to our organization.
How can you help? Simply stop by the Gingerbread House (603 South Hannah Street, Bloomington) on Nov. 12 and pick up a few selections from your holiday shopping list. 10% of the total sales that day comes to us!
That’s it. Simple and elegant, no coupons, no letting them know the purchase is for our group. Check off a to-do, get some great quality toys, and help support our organization!
For more information about the Gingerbread House Toy Store and the 12 Days of Giving program, check out their website at www.gingerbreadhousetoys.
- What: Ringing the Bells for the Salvation Army’s Red Kettle Campaign
- When: Mon, 12/7, 4-6 PM; Tue, 12/8, 6-8 PM; Wed, 12/9, 6-8 PM; Thur, 12/10, 4-6 PM; Tue, 12/15, 4-6 PM; Wed, 12/16, 6-8 PM; Mon, 12/21, 6-8 PM
- Where: In front of JCPenny, inside Eastland Mall
- Sign-up: http://doodle.com/poll/aszvzt2u2cx8aus2
- More info: The Red Kettle Christmas Campaign enables The Salvation Army to provide food and clothing to over 6 million people during the Christmas season and helps more than 34 million Americans recovering from all kinds of personal disasters nationwide.
- What: Volunteer with Moses Montefiore Jewish Food Fair
- When: Tuesday, 10/27 from 6-8 PM and 8-10 PM; Wednesday, 10/28 from 6-10 AM
- Where: Moses Montefiore Temple, 102 Robinhood Lane, Bloomington, IL, 61704
- Sign-up: http://doodle.com/poll/ewf7aeztht2ythra by 10/24.
- More info: The 53rd Annual Jewish Food Fair needs volunteers to help make sandwiches and pack lunches. There is no dress code.
- What: Volunteering for the Ecology Action Center’s Household Hazardous Waste Collection at Mitsubishi Motors. Your help is needed to assist with traffic control, brief surveys of event participants, setup and take down, and other needs.
- When: Sat, 10/5, 8 AM – 3 PM. Most help is needed during 11:30 AM -1:30 PM and 1:30-3:30 PM shifts.
- Where: Mitsubishi Motors, 100 N. Mitsubishi Motorway, Normal, IL 61761
- Sign-up: http://www.ecologyactioncenter.org/hhw/hhw-volunteer-signup
- More info: Must be 18 years old and have the ability to be on your feet for a few hours at time, good customer service skills.
- Much more info: Household Hazardous Wastes are materials and chemicals that are toxic, flammable, corrosive, reactive, or explosive. They typically cannot be safely recycled or disposed of without a special center or collection event. These wastes can be a serious threat to water supplies and our local environment if they are improperly discarded with nonhazardous trash (put into a municipal solid waste landfill), dumped down the drain, or illegally dumped elsewhere.