Bloomington-Normal Young Professionals Kiwanis Club serving the children of the world
You’re invited to the 6th Annual BNYP Holiday Party! Mark your calendars for 6:00pm on Thursday, December 15th. The party will be held at Reality Bites, 414 N Main St, Bloomington, Illinois 61701.
Bring a light hearted white elephant gift for our gift exchange ($10 max) if you’d like to participate.
Spouses, significant others, and friends are more than welcome!… read more
- What: Volunteering at the Midwest Food Bank
- When: Monday, September 19, from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Where: Midwest Food Bank, 1703 South Veterans Parkway, Bloomington, IL 61701 (Near Starbucks on Morrissey) (map)
- More info: We’ll be packing and/or sorting food. Please sign up at the Doodle poll here: http://doodle.com/poll/g5p43p9wgparfrhk.
On Sunday, September 18th at 12:00 PM, the Aktion Club of Bloomington-Normal will have a social/service event at the Miracle League baseball game. Free ball park food and beverages will be served as we cheer on the players. Come out and enjoy a great time with the group! Those who would like to do so, can sign up and be a Buddy to one of the players during the game. Sign up to volunteer here: http://www.miracleleagueci.com/volunteer.
When: Thursday, September 11, 4:45p – 8:00p
Where: North side of Uptown Circle in Normal, IL
Description: Depending on the weather and people’s interest, the event could have anywhere from 250 – 800 people show up. 1,000 sets of lights to ready to be distributed (front and rear), and anything left over will be distributed via other channels. It’s a really nice way to help cyclists ride more safely at night.
About 12-15 volunteers are needed for the first shift (4:45-6) and about 5 for the second shift (5:45-7). A few folks are also needed to help tear it all down at 8.
The duties available are:
- Putting lights on the bikes (It’s a silicone wrap-around band, so no skill required!)
- Putting air into tires (We have a couple of people rove around the line of people, looking for poor tire inflation. It REALLY helps out the bike shop people doing the free bike safety checks.)
- Managing the head of the line – generally telling people where to go
- Helping Connect Transit teach people how to load their bike onto the front of the Connect bus
- Managing the line of people waiting for a bike safety check
To volunteer, please contact Mercy Davison if you’d like to volunteer.
Come hang with your fellow BNYPers at the Mackinaw Valley Winery on Sat, 7/16 from 6:30 – 10 (or however long).
We do this every year and it’s a ton of fun. Bring the family and enjoy great music and all that the winery has to offer!
Playing today’s best music and hits from the 80’s and 90’s too – Come join in on all the fun! or visit them on the web at www.bubblegumjack.com $5pp band cover, under 12 free. Bring a lawn chair to enjoy lawn seating or call to reserve deck seating for an additional $5 pp fee. You may bring your own foods just no beverages of any kind. Wine tasting and wine, beer, sodas, pizzas, cheese & crackers and chocolates for sale.
See ya soon!… read more
- What: Volunteering at Kite Fest 2016
- When: Sunday, June 26 from 1:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Where: Illinois State University’s Adelaide Street Field
- More info: For A Better Tomorrow (FBT) and United Way of McLean County kindly request that members of the Bloomington Normal Young Professionals Club consider serving as volunteers for Kite Fest 2016! Kite Fest is scheduled to be held Sunday, June 26 at Normal Community High School from 3-7 PM.This signature fundraising event aims to raise funds to support local and global causes and is expected to attract 1, 000+ individuals who will fly kites and participate in other fun activities like face painting, kite wars, kite flying lessons, and henna tattoos! Volunteers like you are needed to assist with event check in, staffing the activities listed above and more.
To sign up, visit the Kite Fest ticketing page and click on the volunteer logo toward the bottom of the page. There are multiple ways to volunteer in shifts that range from 1-2 hours. Volunteers will be provided a t-shirt on the day of the event and free access to Kite Fest 2016.